For over four decades I have been a rail and bus photographer.
However, during this time I have aimed the lens at other subjects, be they different transportation, scenery, buildings and other bollocks.
Given these do not really fit the scope of my other sites, I felt compelled to set up a new site so as to inflict my other photographic garbage upon the world.
While primarily Philippine and Australian content, there will be the occasional forays into Fiji and Hong Kong. Perhaps other locations should the current pandemic ever allow it.
So sit back and enjoy, or hate, even be indifferent. That choice is purely up to you.

Tuesday 18 May 2021

KAPAMILYA FIESTA 2010


 

Gawd, it's hard to believe this is approaching eleven years ago now.

So much has changed since then.

 It was the early days of my being in the retail Filipino goods industry, and I was still some years away from full disillusionment with that. However, the local community had, by this time, done their best to taint my view of being involved, and I was already trying to remain at arms length.

What a shame that so much has been destroyed by so few.


Registration desk.
Mr Registration Guy has the Lantangan smile.


Twas obviously popular!



Back in the days when balloons were far more fun than those flaming electronic devices that thrill kids nowadays.


Can't recall what this woman's roll was in the whole scheme of things there.



Ms Pasalubong (at the time).
She who I learnt so much off before venturing into my own Filipino grocery store.



From the look on the face of the 'Go Talk' lady, I suspect the asawa has just asked for a 50% discount on their calling cards.


Hmmmmm, never had an awful lot of time for this LBC company. Ongoing dramas saw me stop getting them in the shop a few times.
I shall not go into here as speaking truth is never really popular in the community.
If sending boxes to the Philippines, we always use BM Express.
Alternatively, though a bit more expensive, there is also Forex Cargo who have a great track record of reliability.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Part of the 2010 'Kapamilya Fiesta' saw stars Derek Ramsey and Angelica Pananiban, from that ghastly ' ABS-CBN / The Filipino Channel ' (who rather block you on Facebook than honestly answer customer questions), entertain the fans.





Derek Ramsey (apparently famous).



Ol mate Bernie.
Not sure where he is nowadays.




The beautiful Angelica Panganiban.



Oh well, that's about it for this rather mediocre posting.
I was a bit too busy to take to many shots and, to be honest, I was pretty bitter on the whole community thing at the time.

Video: Angelica Panganiban At Event.
___________________________________________

My wife is leaving me because, because, because, because, becaaaaaauuuse !!!! She thinks I'm obsessed with the Wizard of Oz.!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment