For over four decades I have been a rail and bus photographer.
However, during this time I have aimed the lens at other subjects, be they different transportation, scenery, buildings and other bollocks.
Given these do not really fit the scope of my other sites, I felt compelled to set up a new site so as to inflict my other photographic garbage upon the world.
While primarily Philippine and Australian content, there will be the occasional forays into Fiji and Hong Kong. Perhaps other locations should the current pandemic ever allow it.
So sit back and enjoy, or hate, even be indifferent. That choice is purely up to you.

Sunday 9 April 2023

RANDOM ITEMS FROM THE COLLECTION



As a youngun I was very much obsessed with the weekly top 40.
You had to be well informed for school on Monday.
This list was picked up from the local record store back in May 1982, the best era for 'real music'.



A 'Urban Transit Authority of NSW' bus ticket from back in our bicentennial year.
Streewth, do you remember travelling for 60 cents?

Manly postcard (remember postcards) that I likely only purchased for that beautiful hydrofoil photo.


I can't quite remember what Sun Pak was, but think they were small juices that we likely had packed for school.


Flemings Food Stores
Over the many years I worked for this company I saw fit to collect various items for the collection.
 I seem to remember that the future was looking pretty bleak for Flemings, even back when I was working there in the 80s.
Funnily enough, the name would go on to survive until the last store, such as it was, closed in 2020.







--------------------------------------------------

Love the 1980s.
We occasionally cover 80s transport on the 
Subscribe so you don't miss on these that are coming in coming months.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment