For over four decades I have been a rail and bus photographer.
However, during this time I have aimed the lens at other subjects, be they different transportation, scenery, buildings and other bollocks.
Given these do not really fit the scope of my other sites, I felt compelled to set up a new site so as to inflict my other photographic garbage upon the world.
While primarily Philippine and Australian content, there will be the occasional forays into Fiji and Hong Kong. Perhaps other locations should the current pandemic ever allow it.
So sit back and enjoy, or hate, even be indifferent. That choice is purely up to you.

Friday 15 May 2020

AMPOL BATLOW - Before & After

Just a brief post as I am far from motivated to really do anything at this moment in time.
I worked for AMPOL, in a servo near Sydney Airport, for numerous years. Despite those years not being the happiest moments of my existence, I did develop a long held interest in the company (especially their rail operations).
Had previously heard that this little gem still existed in Batlow, so, while in the area checking out the old railway line back in 2013, I stopped by to get a few photos.



Turns out that it was a good decision.
The recent bushfires that ravaged 'New South Wales', destroying so much bush and property, didn't spare beautiful Batlow.
The following shots, taken by Andrew Lawson (and used with permission) show the site soon after the fires ripped through the town.
I believe the servo had seen some changes following my shots above. Regardless, another link to the original AMPOL was lost.
I say original, as the name is about to make a comeback here in Australia.



Thanks to Andrew Lawson for the photos.
----------------------------------------------------



“If you’re being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, and then jump through a hoop of fire. They’re trained for that!”




No comments:

Post a Comment