For over four decades I have been a rail and bus photographer.
However, during this time I have aimed the lens at other subjects, be they different transportation, scenery, buildings and other bollocks.
Given these do not really fit the scope of my other sites, I felt compelled to set up a new site so as to inflict my other photographic garbage upon the world.
While primarily Philippine and Australian content, there will be the occasional forays into Fiji and Hong Kong. Perhaps other locations should the current pandemic ever allow it.
So sit back and enjoy, or hate, even be indifferent. That choice is purely up to you.

Thursday 11 February 2021

 


A long long time ago, in a year far far away, we made a last minute visit to a Star Wars exhibition showing in Sydney's Powerhouse Museum.
At this point I should point out that I am actually a Trekkie who does not see Star Wars as real science fiction.
BOOOOM! That gonna cause me some grief. :-)
Seriously, I have seen all the movies, some of them numerous times. However, going to the exhibition was all about making the Star Wars obsessed kiddies happy.
Of course, I took the opportunity to get some transport photos. Like the now removed Sydney monorail.




One of them Stormtroopers that couldn't shoot the side of a bus from 1 metre away.



The display had over 80 models, props and costumes, from all six (as of then) Star Wars movies.
Below being the popular C-3PO 



Why do Stormtroopers only have iPhones?
Because they couldn't find the Androids they were looking for.


What is a Stormtroopers favourite store?
The one next to Target.



One of them naughty Tie Fighters.


Another outstanding model, this time a Sand Crawler.



A model of a Jawa. A species of 1 metre tall creatures, native to he planet Tatooine and those who utilised the Sand Crawlers, as seen above, to ply their trade.


Luke Skywalker's original landspeeder from episode 4 'A New Hope'.


A model of a Tauntaun, a non-sentient lizard native to the snowy plains of Hoth.


This is Yoda it is.
Very realistic prop it was.


OK, I admit it.
I have a favourite droid and R2D2 is it.


Scale model of the Millennium Falcon again. 


Couple ofshots showing an outstanding X-Wing fighter model



Model of a Y-Wing fighter.







No comments:

Post a Comment