For over four decades I have been a rail and bus photographer.
However, during this time I have aimed the lens at other subjects, be they different transportation, scenery, buildings and other bollocks.
Given these do not really fit the scope of my other sites, I felt compelled to set up a new site so as to inflict my other photographic garbage upon the world.
While primarily Philippine and Australian content, there will be the occasional forays into Fiji and Hong Kong. Perhaps other locations should the current pandemic ever allow it.
So sit back and enjoy, or hate, even be indifferent. That choice is purely up to you.

Monday 1 April 2024

2009: RANDOM PHILIPPINES - PART 3

 



Howdee once again one and all.

Before starting, I want to really say how much I truly appreciate the email feedback I have been receiving about the random Philippine series of posts.

I am not a person who enjoys going to the usual touristy places, I far prefer to be around Divisoria than Boracay.

Of course this is an attitude that stuns the more normal people of society, however it is what it is. I just find more interest in the everyday, an everyday that is a decade and a half ago in this post.

If you're from the Philippines and would like to chat about it and make friends, come join us.




I guess you don't have to be a bus enthusiast like me to be familiar with the 'Jell Transport' company that has long been a recognisable part of the Manila landscape for years.
Photo: Brad Peadon


Back in the days of 2009, Zumba was conducted in Rizal Park on weekends.
Obviously they were very popular, as they were in a few malls I visited, but I'm unsure if it is still a thing there today.
Photo: Brad Peadon


Doing the Zumba thing.
Photo: Brad Peadon





Not sure if this word has any unusual meaning outside of Australia, but is sure was cause for a giggle when I saw the business name.
Photo: Brad Peadon


Following the Zumba, we went exploring Rizal Park .
Photo: Brad Peadon




M/S Philippines.
Originally the M/S Augustus, built back in 1950 for the Italian Line.
In 1976 she was retired and sold to Hong Kong, where she was to sail under five names, before being sold to the Manila Hotel where she is seen here.
She would later be sold for scrapping, this occurring in India during 2012.
Photos: Brad Peadon



 More Rizal Park action.
Photos: Brad Peadon



 Guess we shall finish up with another Manila bus of the era, this time Newman Goldliner.
There is no doubting that the local buses are nearly as colourful as the jeepneys.
Photos: Brad Peadon

-----------------------------------------------------------------




-----------------------------------------------------------------
Further Reading:






-----------------------------------------------------------------

~~ All New ~~
From the Philippines, Australia, New Zealand & the UK?
Love the Philippines & making friends?




No comments:

Post a Comment