For over four decades I have been a rail and bus photographer.
However, during this time I have aimed the lens at other subjects, be they different transportation, scenery, buildings and other bollocks.
Given these do not really fit the scope of my other sites, I felt compelled to set up a new site so as to inflict my other photographic garbage upon the world.
While primarily Philippine and Australian content, there will be the occasional forays into Fiji and Hong Kong. Perhaps other locations should the current pandemic ever allow it.
So sit back and enjoy, or hate, even be indifferent. That choice is purely up to you.

Tuesday 17 March 2020

BAILEY'S GARAGE - GUNNING NSW
AUSTRALIA

Now for a little change from the usual coverage on this site.
Bailey's Garage, in the small town of Gunning (just off the highway between Goulburn and Yass), is one of those iconic places that never fails to grab my attention.
Opened by Frank Bailey in the 1920's, it is one of those rare businesses that will get to celebrate it's 100th birthday.
What initially grabbed my attention, many years/visits ago, was the Holden murals down the side of the building. Afterall, I was brought up a Holden fan, and taught to never acknowledge a FORD.
Bailey's Garage, which was later sold to the Southwell family, but retaining the name, was once the local area's Holden dealer. They did this quite well, with one year seeing them clock up 156 Holden sales.
Alas, like my interest in the Holden product (I now drive a Camry), the manufacturer departed the town.
Today their main business is fuel, oil and mechanical repairs. Lets hope it is still there in the 2120s.
Not that I will be around to know......












Courtesy: Brian Rico Collection





No comments:

Post a Comment